Letter To The Daughter

RandomlyC loves to write in the third person. However, exclusively for the letter series, she will write in the first person so that they may, one day, read her letters to them with endearment.

*****

Dear Daughter,

I have been writing to you since the day you were born. You will be able to find stacks of mail written in the prettiest letter sets, sealed with love (yes, I mean stickers). Look for them, will ya? They are somewhere in a lovely box, and dig hard for those attention to your name.

You are the firstborn, and that means exclusive and complete love from the minute you set eyes on the world. These I have mentioned repeatedly in letter written in ink, but I am compelled to mention them again here, as it is the first letter in this blog.

We went to your favorite bookstore, Kinokuniya, today. You exclaimed with such joy, "this is a paradise for someone like me!" How melodious this sounded to my ears. Music they are, for I had longed for you to feel the same as I do, especially when it comes to books in the printed form. E-books have taken our reading habits by storm, but nothing beats the euphoria of holding a brand new published book in the hands and flipping the pages with glee, taking care not to damage the spine. I am honored to share this hobby with you for many more years to come.

As a parent, I assumed the role of an educator from the beginning, only to realize as the years passed that the role can sometimes be switched. I have learnt from you in the most amazing of ways. I have dreams and high expectations for you, that you will continue to pursue your aspirations. Aim high, dance if you like, sing if that makes you happy, act in dramas if you enjoy doing so. 

God be with you, and I pray you will always keep your faith close to you.We gain what we give away and we sometimes lose what we keep. Keep the acts of charity and generosity strong in your growing life, and remember the families and children who do not have what we do. Stay loyal to those who count, be kind to little critters and be honest to yourself. Above all, laugh. For there is much to life, if we look closely enough.

I wish you all the best the coming auditions, your first of many more to come. And you will be sure that I will always be there to witness every baby step you take.

Love always, 
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment