Letter to The Son

RandomlyC enjoys writing in the third person, much like Elmo. "Elmo says hello and Elmo loves red!" Exclusively for the letter series she will write in the first person, as herself.

********

Dear Son,

You amaze me with your outlook of the world. You insist on bringing your ninja turtle collections into the potty and insist they do their business with you. You are trying to wean off your diapers, and you are doing such a good job training your ninjas I hope you will soon learn how to from them. We have scared you enough of the bad guy Shredder coming into our house, and you have finally found out that it's mere trickery to get you to behave. Plan A- failed!

And just when I thought I should teach you the ways of the world, you have taught me your ways of your world. How I am not allowed to use my phone when I am with you, and I am sternly reminded never to shout "Hurry Up!" because you will get visibly upset. How you could spend forever talking to the neighborhood cat daily before you head to school, how a little grasshopper on a leaf could thrill you to no end, and how I should learn to slow down, to crouch down, and to tip-toe when we approach a little birdie so that it wouldn't fly that quickly away. I have done massive research on crocodiles simply because they were your favorite creatures, and only today have I learnt that they are reptiles instead of amphibians like I have always assumed these menacing creatures to be. Guess who would win in the fight between the croc and the king of the jungle, the lion? How did they have babies crocs? Do they eat cars and trees too? Why do they open their mouths when they are not moving on the grass? Do they eat mommies and daddies too? A shameless me would think that you are the smartest kid in the world to ask such intelligent questions. And I will always believe you to be so. 

Before you outgrew the cutesy lingo I have decided to keep a mini list, just for laughs and keeps.

because = v-cause
("v-cause I am not tired so I cannot sleep now")

lorry = yor-ry
("I want to drive the yor-ry now")

Leonardo = yi-o-na-do
("yi-o-na-do is my best friend")

rapunzel = ra-pun-shoe
("I want to see the bad guys in ra-pun-shoe NOW!!")

Nothing is more important than you learning to be humble and kind, above being knowledgeable. I hope that you will continue to see the fun in climbing 3 steps of the stairs and jumping down with glee. That a trail of ants carrying some sugar cubes is so amusing that I should let them be instead of feeling annoyed. That the ribena syrup made into a popsicle means "you are the best mommy in the whole entire universe!" and that looking at it melt into liquid translates to "you are the worst mommy in the whole entire universe to make it become water again!"

God bless you and keep you safe, real safe, because at the rate you go fighting with the range of weapons (I have never known what "katanas", "sais", "nunchakus" and "bo staffs" were, until you took a fancy to them, I have only known them to be "swords and spears") you have from the ninja toys I have a hunch that very soon some heads will be broken, yours included. 



I have forever to write to you. Let this be the first in this blog. 

Love always,
Mommy

P/S: I will remember that Donatello wears the purple eye-mask, I promise.









No comments:

Post a Comment